This program was developed to help new teachers who have completed a 50-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Victor Chng in gaining confidence and proficiency in teaching public classes.
At the end of this program, the Apprentice should have the following skills that are important in teaching a yin yoga class:
- provide students who are new to the yin yoga practice with an introduction about the concepts and
- principles of yin and connective tissues
- design basic sequences that incorporate enough preparation and challenge that will allow the students to
- apply the 3 principles of yin - grounding, holding and relaxing
- learn how to assist students with proper use of props and verbal cues
- develop a better grasp of the different poses through self-inquiry and mentoring
The main methodology for this program is one-on-one mentorship. Throughout the program, the Apprentice will work with his/her Mentor. The names of Mentors will be provided to the Apprentice upon approval of his/her application.
Upon successful completion of the program, the Apprentice will be qualified to teach a public class in any yoga+ or yoga+express studio.